What I eat in a day

Just in case anyone is interested in what I eat in a day, here is today's food intake! I was working from home today so breakfast was later than it would be if I was in the office. Dinner was also a bit later than usual as I went out for a ramble in the countryside when I finished work! 
I always drink at least 2 litres of water a day, I have a litre water bottle which I use to track my water intake. I find I get really headachey if I don't drink enough so it's something I'm very conscious of! 

8:45am - 2x slices of genius gluten free toast with peanut butter. Morrisons Savers crunchy peanut butter is my favourite and although Morrisons is not my regular supermarket, I will go purely to buy peanut butter 
- green tea with lemon. I've been drinking this in the mornings for years now, always gets my water works going in a morning (lol) 

11am - glass of Morrisons chocolate flavoured milk. Another thing that I will only buy from Morrisons! They do the best choccy milkshake, it's so thick and creamy - such a treat!

12:45pm - feta and sweet chilli sauce salad. On my salad today I've got baby leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and green pepper. Topped with feta cheese, a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and some cracked black pepper.
- packet of Aldi's Teddy Faces. These are basically Aldi equivalent of Pombears but I actually prefer the Aldi version. I am an absolute crisp monster - salt & vinegar is my favourite but I find I have to be really careful with the vinegar part sometimes. My favourite brand is actually the Co-Op Truly Irresistible. They're so tangy and they have the crossed grain symbol. Wahoo!

1:45pm - after a quick team meeting I decide I'm not done eating yet so raid the cupboards and find a lonely meringue which I top with berries and greek yogurt and turn in an Eaton mess! I absolutely LOVE Eaton mess, it's one of those desserts that is so simple and naturally gluten free. 0% fat greek yogurt is a really good substitute for whipped double cream! 

3:15pm - cup of tea - absolutely has to be Yorkshire, no question about it. I'm a builders tea kinda gal. I like it strong with no sugar cos we all know I'm sweet enough. 
- Morrisons free from flapjack (I swear I'm not on commission for Morrisons but you can tell I went recently lol) 

7pm - after I've prepped dinner and it's in the oven I decide to tackle the pineapple I've had in the fruit bowl since Saturday so I have a few sneaky bits whilst chopping it up! Preparing pineapple always makes me crave a pina colada, help! 

7:45pm - caramalised red onion sausages (Aldi), sweet potatoes wedges, and baked beans (Heinz). This dinner is an absolutely winning combo. One of mine and Alex's faves. 
- glass of summer fruits squash. I usually just drink water but I do enjoy the occasional glass of squash and find it really refreshing on a hot day like today!

9pm - pear, really craving sweeties but it's a bit late for E numbers!
- acidophilus with bifidus tablet. I bought these from Holland and Barrett a while ago after doing some research about gut health. I take one tablet every evening. I have to admit I'm not very good at remembering to take it (I would take it in the morning with the rest of my tablets but they have to be kept in the fridge and you can't have them within a half an hour window of drinking a hot drink as the heat kills the bacteria!) so I can't really say whether or not they make a difference to how my tummy feels but I'm going to persevere and see if I can feel a difference. 

And that's it. Today was a pretty average day for me really. I do genuinely like eating healthy food and cooking from scratch which I guess is a bonus. But I do love crisps and I also have a sweet tooth too! My food intake fluctuates depending on various things but I'm definitely a little and often kind of person!

So there there you have it. Ramble on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smokey Bean Chilli

Crustless Quiche

Creamy mushroom pasta