Super easy gooey flapjack

If you're really struggling to get hold of flour or eggs during the lockdown but want to get your bake on then I have just the recipe for you! FLAPJACK. This recipe is one of my mum's, so shoutout to her for always making the best gooey flapjack. 

Makes: 12 flapjacks 

Ingredients
250g of gluten free oats - I always buy my oats from Waitrose (posh I know) just because they are the only gluten free oats that are "jumbo" rather than like dust! But obviously feel free to use your favourite brand and if you're not gluten free then use normal oats because they are SO much cheaper!
125g butter - the proper stuff
125g light brown sugar
2 to 3 tbsps of golden syrup (depending how gooey you want it - personally I went for three!) 

Method
1) Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees (or 180 degrees fan)
2) Melt butter in a medium sized pan
3) Add in the sugar and golden syrup to form buttery, sugary, syrupy, loveliness (yes, that's a technical term).
4) Remove from the heat and gradually add the oats to the pan. The reason I say gradually is because it's easier to get all the oats coated in your buttery sugary syrup if you are patient!
5) Spoon and press the mixture into a greased shallow tin, or silicone equivalent. I would suggest silicone purely because it makes the flapjack easy to remove, even without baking parchment or grease.
6) Bake for 15 to 20 mins
7) Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin and cutting in to slices.

And there you have it! Super easy, simple ingredients, and tastes AMAZING! I don't think they are going to last long in our house...
Let me know if you try them out. In the meantime, ramble on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smokey Bean Chilli

Crustless Quiche

Creamy mushroom pasta